Jun 4, 2009

Rainbow in a Sunny Day by Kung-Li

Posted on 12:32 AM by Kung-Li Deng

Rainbow in a Sunday Day. by Kung-Li

Sunday afternoon, I was sitting in my kitchen table, waiting for a young artist to put finishing touch on her master piece.

As I briefly mentioned in the Sunday message, Sarah found out that it is my 40th birthday.

She said to me, "Uncle Kung-Li, can I give you my drawing as your birthday present?"

"Sure", I said.
I vividly remember how we met 6 years ago in Albany NY. Sarah was 4. Marrige was a struggle between her parents. Her world as she knew it started to drift apart and came to an end on one Thanksgiving weekend. Her little sister was only 8 months when it all happened. Also they went through that car accident where Sarah and her sis were both safe but the van they were in was totally destroyed.

Now Sarah wants to draw me a picture for my birthday. I really want to see what she has in mind. Maybe her picture can reveal a little bit of her inner world to me.

Here it is, by Sarah Tang, my briliant artist:
What will catch your eyes is that it is a sunny day. I would like to imagine that it is an early summer evening, warm but not hot. Spring with its flowery touch was just several days away. You could almost still feel its effortless presence even the Sun is asserting its ever-growing power.

There is a creek flowing through the grassy hill. There is this oak tree (I imagine without Sarah's approval) that looks small on the far right corner. However, I would like to imagine that, when you walk close and closer to it through the long long grass road, this oak tree will grow larger and larger, taller at every step, and eventually all you can see is its shady branches all over you. In fact, you will feel like walking into an old country house when you walk underneath its cover. You are home.

And then, the rainbow in the sunny day. Was it raining? Heavy Rain? Was it a storm? A thunder storm?

And a bible verse came into my heart over a whispering voice:

"Whenever the rainbow appreas in the clouds, I will see it and remmber the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures..." (Genesis 9:16)




No Response to "Rainbow in a Sunny Day by Kung-Li"

Leave A Reply