Oct 6, 2011

Hello Mercy....Hold Me Together by Royal Tailor

Posted on 4:56 PM by Kung-Li Deng

Hsiaowei came home one day with an excitement on her face:
"I want to show you this new song I found on my way to work today from 99.1 radio station."
This new song turned out to be "Hold me Together" by Royal Tailor. It starts with 
"Hello Mercy I have been searching for you lately,..."
My first impression was like this:
"Is this a Christian song?"

"What does a Christian song really mean?" replied Hsiaowei, listening tentatively to the lyric without even looking at me.
"Uh...." I paused for quiet a moment while this melody kept on playing.
"What does this song want to say?" I burst out this as a part of defense. 
"This song is expressing how one needs God's mercy so much that, without it, one falls apart."  Hsiaowei said excitingly and she continued,
"Just like that hymn, I Need Thee Every Hour, to express our need for God's mercy"
That left me speechless for quiet a while as the music played on.
I suddenly realized that I might not know my wife for 18 years as much as I think I do.
At least, it takes me quiet a while to "like" her new found song at all.

Fast forward, after listening to this song with her for several weeks, it is fast becoming my "fav 5" songs on my list.
"Hello Mercy I have been searching for you lately...."







Listen to the story behind this song:

No Response to "Hello Mercy....Hold Me Together by Royal Tailor"

Leave A Reply