Mar 2, 2009

Hello Monday from Kung-Li (March 2)

Posted on 1:18 AM by Kung-Li Deng


Hey I am eating Almond NUTS. I would like to share with you this story about what God has done in my family. It deeply impacted me, especially when we are stepping out in faith to follow our Lord. And I am deeply convinced that our Lord, in His mercy and grace, will do more than abundantly in your and my life as we lay down ourselves to follow Him.

Take heart!
Kung-Li

Zachary’s testimony by Mommy

I clearly remembered that Zachary was rushed to Doctor’s at 5 months old for a puffy eye almost the size of a golf ball after touching some nuts. The diagnosis was nuts allergy and his doctor had told me that people usually will not out grow nuts allergy. From that day on, I tried my best to protect Zachary from touching any nuts. However deep in my heart I always cried to God, “I want Zachary to be normal and enjoy every food you have created for us”.

Although allergic reactions (rashes, itching throat, coughing, vomiting…) had always followed any incidences by contacting all sorts of nuts, we still claimed God’s healing over Zachary. Zachary had also learned to protect himself by checking nuts ingredients in any unfamiliar food.

The smell of nuts is difficult to resist. Every time he saw someone mulching crunchy nuts, he would ask, “When can I start to eat nuts?” As a mother, I would try to comfort him by saying “Maybe when you turn to four”. But I really had no idea when that could happen. Not long after he passed four, Holy Spirit reminded me one day that I could start to give Zach some almonds. I responded, “I am not going to test my faith on my son unless you create the faith in him.” Interestingly enough, Zachary suddenly requested almond butter from me two days later by asking “Mom, you has told me that I can eat nuts at four and I am four now!” I said, “Do you believe that Jesus can heal you?” He nodded without any hesitation. So after we both proclaimed his healing very sincerely, he started with a little bit of almond butter. Normally, his allergic reactions would appear within five minutes by contacting even a trace amount of nuts. Minutes went by after the test, Zachary was still fine. We both were shouting and jumping in joy for the miracle. It has been more than two weeks since the healing and Zachary is enjoying a handful of almonds now. I cannot stop thanking God for His mercy and healing. Only He can perform the miracle when all hope seems to be dead. Praise the Lord!!

No Response to "Hello Monday from Kung-Li (March 2)"

Leave A Reply