Jun 22, 2009

Worshippers Arise by Kung-Li

Posted on 11:48 PM by Kung-Li Deng


Worshipper Arise!! please click here to listen "This is my desire"


God's promise: a team
This took place about 10 years ago. After I led a worship session in church, I felt extremely tired both physically and spiritually. Leading worship can be very comsuming; it som
etime drains you
completely. At that tiim, I constantly led worship 5-6 times over a weekend. I wasn also a graduate student, extremely tied up for my PhD work. At times, it was really heavy for me to do both. Only the Lord knows how I could go through that period of time by His grace.
I wasn walking on Princeton campus back home. I was tired, very tired. I could almost hear myself crying out from my heart, "Lord, it is tough!!" That was when I heard a little whisper in my ear:

"I will give you a team"

I recognized that is from the Lord.

"I will build a team for this generation."

I heard it the second time.

God's "team" is not "our" team
Now it has been 10 years since I heard that soft voice on Princeton campus.
I started to see it is becoming a reality.
Not with a group of professional musicians, nor gifted singers.
This dream is being fulfilled among a group of young people, mostly teens and pre-teens.
And, of course, pre-schoolers are also a big part of my team.
In Agape House, I have been teaming up with them to worhip: on stage and off-stage, in a house or church

Worshipper Arise
I now see what God is doing: raise up a new generation of worshipper in our household: they will stand up and take their place.
The question is whether we have the vision, hearts and patience to provide themwith a solid foundation, empower them to be free to serve their generation, allow them to make mistakes and be there for them when they need us?
Now I see where I fit it in the grand plan.
And you?

No Response to "Worshippers Arise by Kung-Li"

Leave A Reply