Sep 15, 2009

Hello Monday from Kung-Li Sept. 14: Season of Multiplication

Posted on 11:00 AM by Kung-Li Deng

Here shows a picture of the main gate of Princeton University and a bunch of bread on shelf waiting to be picked up...


What does it have to do with bread and Princeton together as shown here?

Let me explain.

I was jogging this morning. My routine prayer-jog through Princeton includes downtown area, stop at Princeton campus, Nassau street and back to my apartment.

Honestly, what keeps me prayer-jogging each morning is not only the prayer part, not only the jogging part, it is the stop at the Weatherspoon Bread Company: when the freshly baked bread comes out every morning, it smells like "heaven" when you open the front door to enter this little bread shop!!

This morning, I could not resist this temptation from loaves of freshly baked bread. I bought a loaf of Raisin Challa with me from Weatherspoon Bread Company and walked to the main gate of Princeton. Stopped as usual for a short prayer for campus, I heard this whisper in my heart with the bread in my hand. I recorded it here using the first person aspect, hopping not to lose it original impact as you read it:


"You may feel that what you have in hand is just a little bread, you may ask yourself, "can this be enough to feed many?"

"Keep this bread for yourself, it will be sufficient to feed you and your family; maybe you will even have left-over to feed another household or two"

"You are given another choice: give your little bread to me. I will bless and break the bread you give me toward our heavenly Father."

"When I give this bread back to you, the only thing you have to do is to pass on the bread I have blessed, keep breaking it up and passing on to the next person in line. "

"Do not stop passing and giving. The moment you would like to accumulate more bread in your own hand, this miracle will stop. My blessing only takes place when it is being given to others"

"It is not a time of addition; instead, this is the season of multiplication."

"Addition is good; it allows you to feed each person one by one; establish my houses one-by-one on your own. But the time of addition has come to its limit; there are more people that are waiting for this Good news, the fresh bread in this town. Addition is not up to the job any longer"

"I am delighted to invite you walking into the blessing of multiplication where each person in line will be able to minister the bread and pass it on to others. That is how, why and when the multiplication takes place. "

"Remember: when facing multitude of people, baskets are used to carry bread. The baskets are only used to hold the bread temporarily until the bread been passed on for the next person. Baskets are not the purpose but the means. Do not hold on to the basket hoping that it will hold as much bread as possible without passing it on. If you do so, it will stop multiplcation at that exact basket that stop breaking and giving."

"For those who are willing to step out and follow me, This is my promise: there will be sufficient bread left to fill up twelve baskets, more than enough to give a full basket of freshly baked bread for each of my disciples who follow me."
























No Response to "Hello Monday from Kung-Li Sept. 14: Season of Multiplication"

Leave A Reply